[SOLVED] Stuttering on some games

Gamer_extreme_111

Commendable
Jul 14, 2020
Please help I will be wiping out my drive and reformating my pc because I have no solution to stuttering fps but please help me if you have something I'm really hopeless I research a lot for a solution but none helped me I didn't clock my CPU or my GPU I uninstalled and reinstalled GPU drive also bought a 1tb Samsung SSD the games I play are GTA V watchdog 2 Lol valorant tom clancy R6 and it is not thermal throttling but I think the possible cause of my problem is my CPU GPU or Motherboard also i tried every scan like chk disk no errors memory diagnostic no errors antivirus scan and no virus I disabled sysmain and windows search and also lowering settings didn't do anything and putting power settings to max performance on Nvidia control panel the stutters are really bad the GPU drops from 90 - 0% fps is going unstable and fluctuating I have been suffering at it for a week now please any reply I will respond (Sorry for bad English)

CPU: I5 8600K 3.60 - 4.10 GHz
GPU : MSI GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: DDR4 2400 2x8 16gb RAM RIPJAWS
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK
PSU: CORSAIR CX650M
STORAGE: SAMSUNG QVO SSD 1TB
My benchmark =
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33582088

Last edited:
Solution
Stuttering is usually because of the cpu.
Run HWmonitor.
If you see a max temperature of 100c. then you have throttled and the cpu will have slowed down.

You have a motherboard that allows you to overclock.
With a decent cooler, you should be able to oc near 5.0
Stuttering is usually because of the cpu.
Run HWmonitor.
If you see a max temperature of 100c. then you have throttled and the cpu will have slowed down.

You have a motherboard that allows you to overclock.
With a decent cooler, you should be able to oc near 5.0

Solution

Gamer_extreme_111

Commendable
Jul 14, 2020
I restarted my computer but I think my temps are fine like 60-70 c when gaming but ill look into my CPU I notice high usage when playing GTA V and watchdog 2 reaching 100% and fluctuating i will check it again in a fresh installed window I will only download games and no third party software so i can check if its a software problem