Question Stuttering pc (NOT JUST IN GAMES)

GHL100

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016
My pc keeps completely stuttering regardless of what its doing for like 1-2 seconds every 40-80 seconds. It gets worse and more noticeable when left on for longer periods without a restart. I play a lot of csgo and it shows that the sv and var spike whilst the fps drops to sub 60 from 300, it shows single digit fps during some other games when it freezes.

This has been happening for about a month and I cannot really understand why. I initially thought it was my gpu as I had changed my gpu and the issues started occuring a few weeks after, but upon changing graphics card recently, it seems that the gpu was not the reason. I've reset my windows completely and wiped my SSD to no avail. I have done the windows memory diagnostic and it found no issues. I have ran my pc with my Hard drive unplugged and it still had the issues. I have stress tested my cpu using Aida 64 and it told me my cpu was throttling and overheating, which I have fixed by reapplying thermal paste to my heatsink, this hasn't fixed the problem though. All the other readings on aida64 seem normal so I don't know what else could be causing it. Crystaldiskinfo has also given both my SSD and HDD good scores. My PSU is rather new as well and the voltages looked fine during stress tests.

When it happens in valorant, it shows a net issue and a client fps issue. I have not seen anything unsual on any resourse monitors when it happens though.

I'm completely lost in this as I have tried everything I know to fix this stuttering but still haven't found a solution.

Specs:
i7 8700k - cooled by coolermaster hyper 212 evo
RTX 3070 (Was GTX 1060)
750 W gold EVGA psu
2 x 8GB ripjaw 2400MHZ ram
z370-p motherboard
Ubit AX200 Wifi card

GHL100

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016
malware scan?
fresh os install?
ssd or hdd?
apologies for the late reply, but I've done several malware scans using hitmanpro, malwarebytes, windowsdefender etc. I've hard reset windows to no avail and I use an SSD and HDD. I booted with the HDD off and it still gives the freezes. I have done health checks on both and they both appear healthy.

Here are 4 screenshots I took from footage from OBS. It appears as if the fps drops but in fact the pc almost fully freezes for a second or two. It gets worse over time and is better when I restart. I've attached 4 screenshots below of the resources monitored using MSI afterburner during the freeze ( the first one is pre freeze and the rest are during). The 5th link is a gyazo gif of the small jitter. It doesn't happen just in games, it happens constantly no matter whats in use. I've replaced my GPU, I've tried testing one stick of ram at a time and replaced the wifi card. I can't see what else could be causing it.

There are 5 links here (apologies for poor format)
https://gyazo.com/47cf2cfd13c6dc747762b498d8c6801d
https://gyazo.com/fd6460d3d45fd7b77b63dd70ba428530
https://gyazo.com/3222da56c34295a1731ad4f4afc9e98c

Jan 29, 2021
Oh my god dude. I registered on this forum just to say - I had the same issue and YOU SOLVED IT. It was driving me absolutely insane. Thank you so much for sharing the solution, seriously. No more headdesking, just facepalming from here on in.

GHL100

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016
Oh my god dude. I registered on this forum just to say - I had the same issue and YOU SOLVED IT. It was driving me absolutely insane. Thank you so much for sharing the solution, seriously. No more headdesking, just facepalming from here on in.
No porblem man, I'm so glad I could help someone else with the same issue. Was about to sell my cpu because of it haha :)