Question Stuttering problem with Windows 11 installed on Ideapad 5 15ABA7 ?

dungbv

Prominent
Dec 14, 2021
I've this Lenovo one on yesterday. It has R5-5625u, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD. Everything is blazing fast, but not the animations of both Windows 11 and Chrome. It's laggy often, very annoying. I think this is the problem from AMD so I tried to install drivers (latest) from both AMD and Lenovo, also tried to disable fTPM, AMD PSP but nothing works. I'm frustrated a little bit. Thanks a lot if you check the thread and give me advice.
Edit: disable AMD PSP will cause the laptop kick back to login screen after shutting down with fast startup enabled

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Check to see if the laptop has any BIOS versions pending update. As for your drivers, you may want to use DDU, then remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually install the latest GPU drivers listed on Lenovo's support site, that's bespoke to your laptop(using the serial number on the bottom of your laptop), in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

dungbv

Prominent
Dec 14, 2021
Check to see if the laptop has any BIOS versions pending update. As for your drivers, you may want to use DDU, then remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually install the latest GPU drivers listed on Lenovo's support site, that's bespoke to your laptop(using the serial number on the bottom of your laptop), in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Thanks. I'll try to update the BIOS tomorrow.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS