Question Stuttering problems R3 2200G, RX 570, 16GB 2400MHz

valenn23101

Prominent
Jun 30, 2022
Hello everyone!
Some time ago I changed the components and decided to buy the following components:

Ryzen 3 2200G
RX 570 OC 8GB Asrock
16GB RAM DDR4 2400MHz Corsair
MSI A320M PRO
Corsair CM550
Western Digital 1TB hard drive

I decided to buy these components because they were affordable and the benchmarks were enough for me.
But when I play, I have constant FPS drops, in HITMAN 2 for example, when I walk, the FPS drops every so often, from 60FPS to 30FPS and so on constantly.
I can't find what causes this problem...
My CPU frequency is 3.5GHZ, and GPU percentage while gaming is usually 100% and CPU 40%/70%.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? What were your specs prior to the "upgrade"? What parts in the above specs were purchased used? As for your upgrade, if the motherboard/platform was changed, did you reinstall the OS? BIOS version for said motherboard?

valenn23101

Prominent
Jun 30, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? What were your specs prior to the "upgrade"? What parts in the above specs were purchased used? As for your upgrade, if the motherboard/platform was changed, did you reinstall the OS? BIOS version for said motherboard?
Hi dude!

The PSU have like 3 years old.
Before the upgrade I had an AMD A10 7850K with 8GB RAM 1866MHz.
The GPU and the PSU was used previously by me, always works right but with bottlenecking because CPU was to old to support the GPU.
I reinstalled the OS a lot of times (Windows 10) and installed the last BIOS for the motherboard, the versios is 7C52v2B.

Hello everyone!
Some time ago I changed the components and decided to buy the following components:

Ryzen 3 2200G
RX 570 OC 8GB Asrock
16GB RAM DDR4 2400MHz Corsair
MSI A320M PRO
Corsair CM550
Western Digital 1TB hard drive

I decided to buy these components because they were affordable and the benchmarks were enough for me.
But when I play, I have constant FPS drops, in HITMAN 2 for example, when I walk, the FPS drops every so often, from 60FPS to 30FPS and so on constantly.
I can't find what causes this problem...
My CPU frequency is 3.5GHZ, and GPU percentage while gaming is usually 100% and CPU 40%/70%.
Has anyone had a similar problem?
Thanks.
What are the cpu and gpu temps while gaming?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
You are showing 9+GB of RAM usage and 64% background CPU usage. That would be crippling to any system.

Go to "Startup" and disable everything you don' t need to actually boot to desktop. Go to "Background Apps" and turn off everything you don't need to load to desktop. Close every single program and app you don't need to be operational and on the desktop, then run that test again. Also turn off anything like Afterburner/Riva (etc.) because UBM won't complete a whole test with those on.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
This is an APU which is slightly weaker than most of its Ryzen 3 counterparts. There are a couple of things going on that aren't indicative that the system, as built, isn't performing as well as it could. (Particularly in reference to the second run). Things to do if you just wish to spend money.

2x8GB of ~3200+ matched RAM. This would count on your mobo having the ability to run that speed. I did not check.

An M.2/SSD for your OS as suggested by @Bob.B

For better 1080p video performance you should probaly consider even a "lower" end but modern GPU. This will lead into things like possible power supply swap as well. A part of that consideration would also be whether you plan to further update by adding a higher powered and more capable CPU.

edit - the option if you don't want to spend a bit would be to consider lowering resolution and quality settings. I would imagine the 570 should handle that quite handily.

Last edited: