Question Stuttering since upgrading to an 1080ti

Jun 2, 2019
Hi guys, I had a prebuilt system for a while and decided to upgrade. It had a gtx 960, which I replaced with an inno3d 1080ti x3 (bought used, in warranty). The other specs are i5 4460 with stock cooler, h81mk mobo and 2x 4gb ddr3 ram. In games such as Metro Exodus, fc new dawn and Vampyr I have quit a bit of stuttering at 1k res with ultra settings, on a 144hz 1k monitor. My GPU temps are also quite high (around 87c), and dont know what to do to fix this issue. I havent overclocked anything and my drivers are up to date, could this be an issue with the gpu being faulty cuz of the high temps or my bad CPU bottlenecking it? I know it is dumb to add an 1080 ti in that setup but I'm looking towards upgrading the rest of the build in the upcoming year so a new GPU was going to help me game atm the most so what could be wrong?

Jun 2, 2019
Which power supply do you have ? How is the airflow inside your ATX cabinet ? Have you tried making a custom Fan curve for the GPU ? How many intake/exhaust fans have you installed on the chassis ?
I use a njoy woden 750w, very popular and well rated in my country. I have an exhaust fan and another one on above the cpu so I think that area is cool? And i dont have a fan curve

Hmmm....Never heard of that PSU brand before though, NJOY. Are you from Romania ? Can you test the video card by using some other PSU, if possible ? I'm not saying PSU is the culprit here, but try upgrading your power supply.

Honestly speaking, I wouldn't use that PSU brand on any gaming PC, even though the build quality might be decent. But I guess this is a local PSU manufacturer ?

Jun 2, 2019
It kinda only sells in eastern europe, especially in Romania (where I'm from), but as far as I know it is a good trusted brand here, don't have any other PSUs