Hi all

i have some strange goings on , and im really not sure what else to do

i have

motherboard - asrock steel legend b450 m
cpu - ryzen 3600
ram - 32gb
gpu - amd 6700xt
OS - ive tried windows 10 and 11 , both fresh install

so last week , i was playing some games , and the game started to stutter , i turned the game off , but the stuttering was happening on windows also , even my mouse pointer was stuttering - so i shut the pc down - the monitors turned off but the pc stayed on - so i did a hard reset
on reboot i have no windows :-/

tried literally everythign to reboot the pc , but it wouldnt

so i wiped my ssd , and did a fresh install of windows 10 , with only one ssd plugged in
re installed my games , which took about 2 days :)

finally get back onto a game , then after about 2 hours the game starts stuttering , again the pc wont shut off and on reboot ive lost everything again

so i tried again , this time i tried a fresh install of windows 11
start a game , and again it starts to stutter and it wont shut down - on a reboot again i have no windows

nothing on my pc is over clocked , or tinkered with - its literally all bog standard

my ssd for the first 2 times was a new samsung 970 evo plus , on the last install i used a different samsumg 970 , brand new - so its not that

no im thinking it could be gpu or mobo ?

suggestions cause this is getting on my nerves

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or mining?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or informational events that occurred just before or when stuttering occurred.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance while gaming. Use both tools but only one tool at a time.

Determine what, if anything, changes when stutters occur.

rodgerdooter

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or mining?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or informational events that occurred just before or when stuttering occurred.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance while gaming. Use both tools but only one tool at a time.

Determine what, if anything, changes when stutters occur.

PSU is Silverstone SST-SX700-G v1.1 700w 80 Plus gold Modular Power Supply

disk drives - samsung 970 evo plus nmve and a samsung 860 m.2

Ralston18

Titan
How old is the PSU? History of heavy gaming use?

Any errors in Reliability History or Event Viewer?

Do you have access to another known working PSU that you can swap in for testing purposes?l Remember: do not mix and match connectors from other PSUs.