Question Stuttering when loading sounds in game.... not sure of the culprit

higuys23

Honorable
Jun 22, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing an issue with certain games stuttering when loading in sounds. The games are Squad and Post Scriptum, which are both relatively intensive, however in other aspects my system (Ryzen 3 1300X, 8GB DDR4 2400, GTX 1060 3GB) seems to handle them fine. I get easily 40+ FPS on the highest graphical settings, however when new sounds load in for the first time the game completely freezes until they are loaded in.

I initially noticed a CPU bottleneck due to antivirus hogging 30+% of CPU usage at times, but after resolving that issue, overall performance increased but it did not completely stop the stuttering. The CPU usage is now always below 100%. I suspect since it seems to be an issue with initially loading new sounds that it may be a RAM issue.

I ran a memtest and everything came back OK, so I suspect I may need more than 8GB. Does this sound correct? Or could it also be another issue such as lack of CPU power, or even a hard drive? Not really sure where to look next. I want to try and be more confident in the root of the issue before I go out and buy a new memory kit.

Thank you,
Mark

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS