Question Scroll stuttering

Jun 21, 2019
Hey everyone! Recently i've noticed a stutter whenever i scroll on pages online, it's worrying be because it does look like a glitch, a couple of micro-freezes and i'm worried that my CPU could be having some problems.
Recently formatted PC, no drivers installed afterwards except for GPU drivers.

My specs are:
I5-7400 @3.0GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM
H110M-S2V GIGABYTE Motherboard
Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Jun 21, 2019
Then install the drivers for your motherboard.

Hello! Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to avoid messing with the motherboard drivers because from my understanding they're already set and since i don't know much about this, i didn't wanna screw anything up. On the gigabyte website it shows me that i should update the BIOS in order to update the Intel Management Engine Interface, do i really need to do this? Could that fix the problem?
Maybe it's worth mentioning that my current idle temp is around 50C.

Jun 21, 2019
all should be good, restart computer and update windows

Thank you! I feel like it's better but there's still some stutter, maybe just from loading the page.

I'm also having an issue with games and the booting of Windows in which whenever i boot up windows or alt tab a game in a way that it has to process things before showing the image (like the black screen and then it shows me the content, which is what is supposed to happen, right?) i see a white stripe moving from one side of the screen to the other for a split second. It literally looks like a " __ " (white). Could this also be related to this problem? Or maybe the GPU or Motherboard?

@EDIT: Yeah, the stutter is still here, i don't think it's as heavy as before but it's definitely noticeable.

Jun 21, 2019
Addind something here, the scroll is present in other places besides browsers. I just noticed it on the Spotify App.

@EDIT: So i recorded my desktop in order to see if the stutter would be in the video. It is. at the moments i noticed while i was recording. The interesting is that while previewing the video in sony vegas on best quality the stutter is no longer from the recording itself but there is a stutter in the preview, this video is much more smoother but with much more obvious stutter every now and then. Disabling GPU acceleration makes the stutter less "violent" but much more frequent. It's as if with GPU Acceleration enabled, the video is smoother but with 4 or 6 obvious parts in which the video freezes for a split second. And with it disabled, the video is filled with micro-stutters.

@Edit2: New issue, apparently there is now lag when i type, at least on facebook, it takes about 1-2 seconds for text to appear. Sometimes, not always.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019
If you update windows that should help
make sure drivers for gpu are the latest
make sure Resolution is the Correct resolution for your desktop

Windows is updated to the most recent version, so is the GPU driver, correct resolution set. And then there's the typing lag issue that just appeared as i've mentioned in the previous comment.

I uploaded the videos i mentioned, please ignore the song, i didn't think i'd be uploading it so i didn't mind pausing it hehe:
View: https://youtu.be/7nZ4cNyarCo
and
View: https://youtu.be/DKeSFVwsQzQ

So you can see the initial stutter as recorded in the first one, and how bad it became after i was reviewing it in a sony vegas preview. Would you like me to upload how it looks with GPU Acceleration enabled?

D

Deleted member 14196

download and run LatencyMon

use it to track down which driver may be causing the latency issues.

"LatencyMon checks if a system running Windows is suitable for processing real-time audio and other tasks. LatencyMon analyzes the possible causes of buffer underruns by measuring kernel timer latencies and reporting DPC and ISR excecution times as well as hard pagefaults. It will provide a comprehensible report and find the kernel modules and processes responsible for causing audio latencies which result in drop outs. It also provides the functionality of an ISR monitor, DPC monitor and a hard pagefault monitor. "

post back here with results.

Jun 21, 2019
Some weird things happened after i plugged everything back and booted, dragging windows around feel weird, the windows don't look square anymore when i'm dragging them, it feels like there's distortion. Also GeForce experienced wasn't enabled when i booted up, and when i opened it it prompted an install screen.