Question Stuttering while idle and gaming?

Dec 8, 2019
This issue started happening today when I came home and went on my computer I noticed that my computer was running slower than usual and that my mouse kept freezing constantly. Then I tried playing games to see if the issue would still persist and then I noticed that my frames also dropped.

These are the parts that I am using currently and I have a Sceptre E25 165hz monitor.

Jun 29, 2019
This issue started happening today when I came home and went on my computer I noticed that my computer was running slower than usual and that my mouse kept freezing constantly. Then I tried playing games to see if the issue would still persist and then I noticed that my frames also dropped.

These are the parts that I am using currently and I have a Sceptre E25 165hz monitor.
Did you do the basic trouble shooting before posting here? Basic trouble shooting means like those little things like resetting your CMOS (battery), cleaning your ram with an eraser, reseating it, 1 ram at a time, check all cables, , those simple little things, etc. Let me know afterwards.

Mr.Spock

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
since you're running on an HDD, may want to check available space.
It could be fragmented as well. so you're stuttering when it allocated more pagefile.

May want to run a defrag and/or preallocate your pagefile

Jun 29, 2019
It could be fragmented as well. so you're stuttering when it allocated more pagefile.

chkdsk might help also. you might wanna give it a try and post here if there's any bad sectors found.

Dec 8, 2019

Currently, I have 1.81 TB of space left on my HDD, but should I still check?

Dec 8, 2019
Did you do the basic trouble shooting before posting here? Basic trouble shooting means like those little things like resetting your CMOS (battery), cleaning your ram with an eraser, reseating it, 1 ram at a time, check all cables, , those simple little things, etc. Let me know afterwards.
Do I need to? I just recently built my pc about a month ago.

Mr.Spock

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
Space is good, check for fragmentation on the disk and also are you running an antivirus of some kind? may want to check the settings there. and again preallocate your pagefile so Windows doesn't do the space allocation in-game
Currently, I have 1.81 TB of space left on my HDD, but should I still check?

Dec 8, 2019
Okay so after doing some googling I read on another forum and uninstalled my graphics driver and downloaded a more recent one and that seemed to have fixed the problem so I would like to say thank you to the people who attempted to help me I really appreciate it.

Reactions: madartzgraphics
Jun 29, 2019
Okay so after doing some googling I read on another forum and uninstalled my graphics driver and downloaded a more recent one and that seemed to have fixed the problem so I would like to say thank you to the people who attempted to help me I really appreciate it.
Yea you should always have the latest drivers. It connects your hardwares to your computer for proper communication so you should be aware to use the newest possible drivers all the time or it will not work properly.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS