[SOLVED] Stuttering while idle and gaming?

Snappyyyy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
This issue started happening today when I came home and went on my computer I noticed that my computer was running slower than usual and that my mouse kept freezing constantly. Then I tried playing games to see if the issue would still persist and then I noticed that my frames also dropped.

These are the parts that I am using currently and I have a Sceptre E25 165hz monitor.

Solution
Okay so after doing some googling I read on another forum and uninstalled my graphics driver and downloaded a more recent one and that seemed to have fixed the problem so I would like to say thank you to the people who attempted to help me I really appreciate it.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
This issue started happening today when I came home and went on my computer I noticed that my computer was running slower than usual and that my mouse kept freezing constantly. Then I tried playing games to see if the issue would still persist and then I noticed that my frames also dropped.

These are the parts that I am using currently and I have a Sceptre E25 165hz monitor.

Did you do the basic trouble shooting before posting here? Basic trouble shooting means like those little things like resetting your CMOS (battery), cleaning your ram with an eraser, reseating it, 1 ram at a time, check all cables, , those simple little things, etc. Let me know afterwards.

since you're running on an HDD, may want to check available space.
It could be fragmented as well. so you're stuttering when it allocated more pagefile.

May want to run a defrag and/or preallocate your pagefile

Snappyyyy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
Did you do the basic trouble shooting before posting here? Basic trouble shooting means like those little things like resetting your CMOS (battery), cleaning your ram with an eraser, reseating it, 1 ram at a time, check all cables, , those simple little things, etc. Let me know afterwards.
Do I need to? I just recently built my pc about a month ago.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Do I need to? I just recently built my pc about a month ago.
I know it's a silly question but yes honestly. Sorry about that.
I did that and waited for about 3 hrs for it to scan and check my disk, however, the issue still persists.
bad sectors, errors anything? did you run it to fix errors automatically? What did chkdsk says?

Last edited:

Snappyyyy

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
Okay so after doing some googling I read on another forum and uninstalled my graphics driver and downloaded a more recent one and that seemed to have fixed the problem so I would like to say thank you to the people who attempted to help me I really appreciate it.

Reactions: madartzgraphics
Solution

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019

Yea you should always have the latest drivers. It connects your hardwares to your computer for proper communication so you should be aware to use the newest possible drivers all the time or it will not work properly.