Question Stuttering with TridentZ RGB 3200mhz

Apr 19, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm facing some problems with my 16gb trident 3200 mhz. All the games are stuttering like crazy. Already underclock it to 2133 but not sucess.
I got another 16gb trident rgb but @2666 and all running smooth.
I suspect the problem is the 3200mhz kit but maybe can the mobo not delivering the right voltage when it is overclocked?

I79700k
Maximus xi formula

Any ideas?
Tyvm!

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well, other person posted a similar problem as yours, his problem was that his motherboard gave too high voltage like 1.5v instead of 1.35v or something, so if your voltage is that high, probably lower it in your bios and that will probably fix your issue.

Apr 19, 2019
Well, other person posted a similar problem as yours, his problem was that his motherboard gave too high voltage like 1.5v instead of 1.35v or something, so if your voltage is that high, probably lower it in your bios and that will probably fix your issue.

Hi iMatty, thanks for your anwser.
After a lot of tests i managed to discover that my vccio and vccsa voltages are the problem. On Auto, games keep stuttering and the sound keeps crackling.
I set a manual voltage after reading some guides and now the stuttering reduced a lot. Can this be a faulty MOBO or my psu?
Thanks!

Apr 19, 2019
Do you have the latest BIOS?
Hi!

Yes, 0905. In automatic mode, the bios was setting 1.35 in vccio and 1.27 in vccsa. I reduced to 1.18 vccio and 1.23 vccsa.
The stutter almost disappeared. But I'm still testing to find the perfect voltage.
My only concern is if the mobo has some problem. I ordered a new psu to figure it (my psu have like 10 years old.)

Apr 19, 2019
Most likely normal because some motherboards try to run a higher Voltage to support OC, but in some cases too high and the RAM actually does not need it and more unstable. Manually inputting the proper value should take care of it.

Yes, i'm still testing and trying some values. But it's a lot better now!
So, can i remain calm and not to worry about my Mobo? i spent a good amount of money on it hehe.
Thanks for your help!