[SOLVED] Stutters, FPS drop, and crashes

justice507

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2014
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/1rF0NK9

I've been getting game crashes in the past, and I didnt thought it was a big issue. Especially when playing games like Valorant.

But recently I've been getting alot of FPS drops, whenever theres a dip in the FPS graph when playing Valorant, it lags and freezes momentarily and it is enough to disrupt my gameplay.

And nowadays when I turn on my pc and theres already lag even when im not playing games. Sometimes opening up normal task can be slow. Slight stutter as seen by my mouse cursor whenever i try to maneuvre or click something.

My Ram sticks are of an unknown brand(rebranded) by the company that built my pc. Im wondering if these might have contributed to Ram issues.

Im struggling to understand whats my issue and my biggest suspects are the Rams/memory leak. Anyone could help me out? (tech newbie here)

Im trying to update it to Windows 11 if this solves the issue.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
MSI X470 Gaming Plus
16GB 2666 DDR4 Memory
MSI GTX 1060 Armour 6G
Samsung 860 Evo 500GB
WD Blue 1TB
Seasonic Focus Plus 750W
Fractal Design Meshify C Blackout
Asus PCE-AC56
Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Last edited:
Solution
Looking up IObit doesn't look good at all. Apparently have been caught streamlining malicious software with installer.

Never use driver updater programs either, they can cause problems. Get drivers directly from hardware manufacturer. Your system is recent enough for locating drivers not to be a problem. Not sure if you do this but this another function of IObit.

Windows own anti virus and Malwarebytes is good enough, along with safe browsing and general practises.

If unsure of your systems security integrity then i would advise to complete reinstall. There's a stickie over at Win10 section. Easy to do.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
When something like that starts to happen i find it useful to investigate in task manager and look for high using processes for both cpu and memory by sorting highest to lowest. Anything looking suspicious you can search about that particular process by right clicking it.

If nothing obvious is found in task manager then next is cpu temps followed by checking all ram is accounted for and useable. Though some viruses can hide when task manager is opened so try malware scan with Malwarebytes.

Hopefully system drive isn't too full, at least 10% free. That can cause slow downs.

Reinstall might help if nothing else above is evident.

Reactions: justice507

justice507

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2014
When something like that starts to happen i find it useful to investigate in task manager and look for high using processes for both cpu and memory by sorting highest to lowest. Anything looking suspicious you can search about that particular process by right clicking it.

If nothing obvious is found in task manager then next is cpu temps followed by checking all ram is accounted for and useable. Though some viruses can hide when task manager is opened so try malware scan with Malwarebytes.

Hopefully system drive isn't too full, at least 10% free. That can cause slow downs.

Reinstall might help if nothing else above is evident.

Sorry for the late reply, but hope you are still there. Yes after trying Malwarebytes, it detected alot of malware and PUP, quarantined them, and uninstalled specific programs that shows up in the malware report.

My pc feels less sluggish now, CPU usage no longer at 90%-100%, and also temps were significantly lower.

I never knew I had so much malware becos honestly i have been using IObit softwares which are antivirus programs but honestly i think they didnt do a good job. Also i think IObit softwares comes with lots of bundleware or adware so u reckon i should stop using their programs?

Does Malwarebytes does a very thorough cleaning or do I have to use another stronger anti-Malware to really clean my pc inside and out? like Hitman Pro for example. or Kaspersky. Im afraid there are still lingering malwares and viruses.

Right now im only using the free Avast Antivirus and Iobit Systemcare. need some advice. Thanks !

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Looking up IObit doesn't look good at all. Apparently have been caught streamlining malicious software with installer.

Never use driver updater programs either, they can cause problems. Get drivers directly from hardware manufacturer. Your system is recent enough for locating drivers not to be a problem. Not sure if you do this but this another function of IObit.

Windows own anti virus and Malwarebytes is good enough, along with safe browsing and general practises.

If unsure of your systems security integrity then i would advise to complete reinstall. There's a stickie over at Win10 section. Easy to do.

Reactions: justice507
Solution