Stylus stops responding

Robert5432

Distinguished
May 3, 2012
Hi. I have a Wacom Intuos stylus and tablet that's been behaving oddly. It will just stop working, were the cursor doesn't move even when I put the stylus on the pad. The power light on the tab is still lit and there is a blue light that indicates the stylus is on it which still lights up. I then have to switch to the mouse. This usually happens after I've been away from the computer for a while although not after the PC had been to sleep. It never seems to happen while I'm activley using it, which is weird. Rebooting the PC seems to always fix it but then after a while I leave and come back and it's frozen again.

Windows 7, and I've updated the drivers.

Robert5432

Distinguished
May 3, 2012
I have the 'balanced' power plan under the control panel's 'Power options', if that's what you mean.

Under when the computer sleeps I have 'never' and '15 minutes for when the monitor goes off.

Robert5432

Distinguished
May 3, 2012
Ok I tested it on High Power plan and it happend again but I've figured out a leads since.

It does happen after the 'screen off' thing activates not the 'power off'.

Also, I switched usb plugs to see if it would make a difference and I got a pop -up saying 'drivers for this device could not be found' or maybe it said 'not properly installed'. Something like that. This may have happened the last time I had to reinstall the drivers also.

That's the auto-searching for the windows drivers though, because then there is a separate thing were the 'wacom drivers' window opens after that and loads up the presets and it works again (until it freezes). So the windows drivers aren't loading for some reason but the wacom drivers are...I don't know if that means anything.