Question Sub £500 office PC build

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GKZV2m

There's quite a large price difference between the f and non f models, as I said I'm striclty working on a budget whilst also making profit

What's the better choice for your client:

16 gb RAM on a 10th gen i3-10100

8 gb RAM on a 12th gen i3-12100

??

I can easily imagine a case where the second choice would be preferable.

Don't know about your location, but in USA, price difference between those 2 processors is 21 dollars at a well known vendor.

tacticalkali

Reputable
Oct 16, 2019
He's specifically requested 16GB RAM and 250/256GB SSD. He said an i3 or i5 , didn't specify which gen but obviously I wanted the latest gen. It's also a bit more convenient going with the previous gen as the motherboards are significantly cheaper.

The price difference in the UK between the i3s is like £40-£45

tacticalkali

Reputable
Oct 16, 2019
In that case, looks like you are pretty well jammed up, considering you have to buy Windows and the client has set certain requirements.

Weakest link probably the EVGA power supply, but of course it could work out well.

I have that Psu myself and it works fine with a full size Gpu so no reason why it won't work without one - If a Corsair one becomes avaliable around the same price I'd buy that.

My motto is I wouldn't use anything to build someone else's computer that I wouldn't use myself