[SOLVED] sub 700 pc for wife Need PC Part suggestions

kafungalung

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
With pc part prices being at a good price, I wanna make my wife a ryzen buget pc for around 700$ or less not including peripherals.

she doesn't really game but she does a lot of custom art and design stuff and makes t shirts and things like that and uses photoshop and other similar programs, but i also want her to be able to keep up in game if she does join in with my friends and I.

So far as I can tell with my minimal IQ, the ryzen 5 2600 is the way to go paired with a AMD rx 570 gfx card should do the job I think. I am probably going to just get a intel 660p 1t m.2 ssd since it looks to be the best price. I know seasonic has a fully modular 520w PSU for like 42$ so thats what i am leaning towards atm. Corsair has some well priced 16gb 3000 and 3200mhz ram out right now so that seems to be the way to go there. THE BAIN OF MY EXISTANCE is selecting a motherboard. #1 I am not tech savy I just do my homework and read reviews but reviews can be misleading. I am not 100% sure if I should just get a cpu and use the stock cooler or get a aftermarket cooler like the hyper 212 and try my hand at some over clocking since these days it doesn't seem to hard but i have never over clocked before. Also when it comes to motherboards I know that certain motherboards don't overclock well but i don;t know which ones they are and I also want to make sure I get one with enough fan headers and things like that, that I overlooked in my first ever build. also now having build 3 pcs and helping friends with theirs I know that on board wifi is something I want on the board as well. #2 I am trying to get a white theme going with as many parts as I can and throw it all in the H500 by NZXT (white edition ofc) and then add some purple rgb lights from the cpu cooler and case fans.

so to sum it all up here is the build I'm leaning towards but the MOBO is where I really am not sure on and possibly if you guys reccommend other parts I may need to change the whole build lol. ryzen 5 2600 seems to be the best bang for my buck but maybe the 1600 is just as good or something else idk lol.

Current Build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yHyrJ8

Last edited:
Solution
Some type of Gigabyte B450 would seem more than enough...(Their boards are well respected) Naturally, they have a variety of models, most base models provide 100% of the features that 99.99% of most folks look for......

A few years later, you can update the BIOS, and slap in an 8 core 3700X...maybe by then even the 3900X will be down to $200 :)

(Tom's Hardware is running a discount code for Newegg's 660P in 2 TB for $175 or so....(and I thought $220 was cheap!)

Good luck with your build.

(You'd need a 1rst or 2nd gen CPU to update the BIOS to one from this summer to support 3rd gen Ryzen, but, the 3600 is at a truly awesome price point, and provides performance rivaling or exceeding that of the 2700X quite often. But your chosen...
Some type of Gigabyte B450 would seem more than enough...(Their boards are well respected) Naturally, they have a variety of models, most base models provide 100% of the features that 99.99% of most folks look for......

A few years later, you can update the BIOS, and slap in an 8 core 3700X...maybe by then even the 3900X will be down to $200 :)

(Tom's Hardware is running a discount code for Newegg's 660P in 2 TB for $175 or so....(and I thought $220 was cheap!)

Good luck with your build.

(You'd need a 1rst or 2nd gen CPU to update the BIOS to one from this summer to support 3rd gen Ryzen, but, the 3600 is at a truly awesome price point, and provides performance rivaling or exceeding that of the 2700X quite often. But your chosen 2600 is a nice CPU, but, should be discounted heavily to provide some incentive to get it over the 3600, IMO)

As the CPUs come with a cooler, you need not worry about one....unless you think your wife is going to overclock and thrive on heavy rendering load /editing videos for 24/7....

Solution