Question subtle stutter lag when gaming, or recording with obs

QOBlueAppleOQ

Honorable
Aug 28, 2015
subtle stutter lag when gaming, or recording with obs

most of this stutter lag seems to be gone when I have my default ram speed at 2133mhz( still have weird stutter lag when recording with obs in shogun 2 battle ) but if I use the xmp profile 3200mhz ( both profile 1 and 2 are same ), in some games i occasionally stutter lag, but it seems to go away when i turn down my ram speed. this is especially obvious when I try to record a game (shogun 2 battle) with obs[using x264, that uses more cpu+ram which i think something is wrong here], there are constantly weird stutter going on but is gone when i stop the recording, keep in mind that the framerate is quite high so its weird that its stuttering.

temperature is also good at all times.
bios is up to date. 7A37v1O5(Beta version)

OS Windows 11
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
Ram: 4X4GB CMK8GX4M2B3200C16 (rated for 3200mhz)
Mobo: B350M Mortar
GPU: RX6600 8GB Driver Version: 22.5.1
( if I update to 22.5.2 driver version my fps hugely improves but theres pretty persistent and obvious stutter lag, which I heard that it ultilizes cpu/ram more efficiently so might be cpu/ram issue, same with using dx12 in vermintide 2, massive stutter. )
PSU: CX600M ATX Brozen Certified, at least 6 years in use

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
People state being on the latest BIOS, the best method of informing us about it is to mention the BIOS version. As for your system, what OS are you working with? If Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. You will also need to include the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age. Pertaining to your ram, you might want to manually set the timings, voltage and frequency(as shown on the sticker of the sticks) in BIOS manually as opposed to X.M.P, see if that gives off any difference in your platform.

Ideally you should've gone with a B450 chipset since DDR4-3200Mhz integration was seamless as opposed to B350, whereby the B350 chipset got increments with A.G.E.S.A updates.

QOBlueAppleOQ

Honorable
Aug 28, 2015
People state being on the latest BIOS, the best method of informing us about it is to mention the BIOS version. As for your system, what OS are you working with? If Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. You will also need to include the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age. Pertaining to your ram, you might want to manually set the timings, voltage and frequency(as shown on the sticker of the sticks) in BIOS manually as opposed to X.M.P, see if that gives off any difference in your platform.

Ideally you should've gone with a B450 chipset since DDR4-3200Mhz integration was seamless as opposed to B350, whereby the B350 chipset got increments with A.G.E.S.A updates.

okay i've updated it, im trying 3200mhz 1.4V honestly recording with obs still cause weird stutter lag, same as 2133mhz i've just tested it but might be less severe then with xmp profile ? cant tell for sure.

my rig is quite old i've upgraded the cpu, bought it 2nd hand recently and the gpu new.

I did remember getting stutter lag before this upgrade, was running ryzen 5 1600 with ram at 2666mhz ( same ram as now )