[SOLVED] Subwoofer connection

Mar 5, 2020
Hi, I have an AV Yamava v385 that i use as 2.1 (2 Dynavoice Challanger s-6 ex4 speakers and 1 sub Dynavoice Challanger sub-12) and i want to know what is thel better way to connect the subwoofer, with LFE , R-L rca or high line? I use the system for music (hip-hop and electronic) and occasionally for movies.

Solution
Hi, I have an AV Yamava v385 that i use as 2.1 (2 Dynavoice Challanger s-6 ex4 speakers and 1 sub Dynavoice Challanger sub-12) and i want to know what is thel better way to connect the subwoofer, with LFE , R-L rca or high line? I use the system for music (hip-hop and electronic) and occasionally for movies.
The optimal way to connect to it is to use an optical Toslink connector like THIS ONE from your computer to the Audio 1 optical input on the receiver and connect your speakers and subwoofer to the v385. It gives you great sound and control. Been using an RXv371 for years with a 1200W Velodyne subwoofer rocking the house.

RealBeast

Titan
The optimal way to connect to it is to use an optical Toslink connector like THIS ONE from your computer to the Audio 1 optical input on the receiver and connect your speakers and subwoofer to the v385. It gives you great sound and control. Been using an RXv371 for years with a 1200W Velodyne subwoofer rocking the house.

Solution
Mar 5, 2020
i have this connection already from pc to av and i also use a dedicated sound card sound blaster z, the tread is about how to connect the sub. (lfe, rca , high line) i ask becouse some sais that the lfe is just for movies and i have it connected like that.