[SOLVED] Sudddenly started to get lag and FPS drops in games

Jan 19, 2021
So recently my games suddently have started to lag and dropping fps and was thinking if its because of my cpu or graphics card. When everything was okay a week ago. And now I'm wondering if I should upgrade my Graphics card or cpu first. I don't know which one is more important to upgrade.

My specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB

Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

520W Power supply

Jan 19, 2021
Nothing stands out as underperforming but I notice you only have single channel RAM, that will cause some games to stutter. However that does explain why stuttering has just started when it was OK before.

Try uninstalling the gpu driver using ddu and then reinstalling the latest version. Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.3.5 (guru3d.com)
Some lag has reduced, but it isn't 100% fixed. Also the CPU/GPU usage and temp is the same.

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
So recently my games suddently have started to lag and dropping fps and was thinking if its because of my cpu or graphics card. When everything was okay a week ago. And now I'm wondering if I should upgrade my Graphics card or cpu first. I don't know which one is more important to upgrade.

My specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB

Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

520W Power supply
I would try updating drivers or windows, it solved my FPS drop issues.
try and see if your NVIDIA drivers are up to date.