Question Sudden and Severe issues with Arctis Nova pro wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2023
Hi y'all, a few days ago I started having severe issues with my headphones for no apparent reason. It started randomly when I was playing, everything was fine, then all of a sudden I got a deafeningly loud blast of static noise. It continued playing until I disconnected the headset. Reconnecting started it again, so decided I couldn't be bothered sorting it right away and went to sleep for the night hoping whatever was wrong would resolve itself by the morning.

Since then, I have experienced a variety of issues- these occur when connected through the 2.4Ghz wireless DAC to my PC, when connected to my phone through bluetooth and even when using it wired. It will work normally sometimes, and then suddenly start having issues. Ive found plugging it in, or removing and replacing the battery sometimes but won't always fix it, and sometimes it will only stay working normally for less than a minute and other times it will continue happily for a couple hours. I've also attempted to factory reset it through the DAC, to no avail. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when it starts screwing up, and sometimes a quick plug in will fix it so I can get back to what I was doing, and sometimes it refuses to work for hours.

The various issues are the aforementioned deafening static, other times it remains connected but simply won't make any noise at all. Others it becomes extremely quiet and if the volume is maxed out (under normal circumstances, having it at about half volume is usually sufficient for me) its still quieter than it would usually be and has noticeable static interference, especially in any low bassy noise. Sometimes the audio comes through at a normal volume, but is accompanied by an amount of static that makes it sound more like I'm listening to a walkie talkie radio.

I don't have a clue what could be wrong or how to solve this. They have been working flawlessly for the last few months (I got them at the end of January). I bought them through Amazon and apparently can't return them as its been longer than 30 days, so I'm at a loss for what to do. These were a pretty sizeable investment as I wanted something that would be very high quality and up until now I was satisfied, but now they are bordering on unusable and I simply do not have the money to just buy another pair. What can I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
May 19, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The issue could be the wireless transmitter for the headset though could you see if you're able to reinstall the chipset/USB drivers(after unintalling them) to see if the issue is alleviated?
In device manager it only tells me "No drivers are required or have been loaded for this device" when I look at the headphones. If you're talking about the motherboard chipset drivers I don't think it could be them since it also happens when connected to other devices through bluetooth. Not sure if I'm missing or misunderstanding something else there?

Status
Not open for further replies.