[SOLVED] Sudden Black Display on GTX 1050

Jun 29, 2019
I just bought a 2nd hand ASUS Expedition GTX 1050 OC 2gb today and managed to install it properly. Here's basically what I did.
  1. Downloaded the latest driver from asus and also downloaded the Utility.
  2. Unpack and install.
  3. Restart and done.

I don't know much about installing GPU but I think I installed it correctly. So I tested it out by playing Subnautica and It worked fine. Also manage to play PUBG Lite with High settings. So all is well. Then suddenly when I was browsing games on steam, the display suddenly turn black and there was "No Signal Detected". There was no power interruption happened and idk what it causes it. I have a VGA to HDMI adapter connected to my GPU because my monitor only have VGA and DVI. What do you guys think I should do to fix this?

Here's my specs:
I3 2120
Intel DH61BF Motherboad
8 + 2gb DDR3 1600
Hopefly BR-500MB PSU
350gb HDD

Solution
Were you able to test if the VGA to HDMI adapter is still working? Maybe something's wrong with that, so if you could, test it out on some other device with HDMI.

Also, did you try and reseat your GPU? Did you attempt a restart after it occurred?

By the way, usually, if you could use DVI, a HDMI to DVI adapter would be better as both are digital standards (assuming that your monitor supports DVI-D), that said, you should still troubleshoot out to confirm its an adapter thing before buying anything.

vincentneo

Proper
Dec 25, 2018
Were you able to test if the VGA to HDMI adapter is still working? Maybe something's wrong with that, so if you could, test it out on some other device with HDMI.

Also, did you try and reseat your GPU? Did you attempt a restart after it occurred?

By the way, usually, if you could use DVI, a HDMI to DVI adapter would be better as both are digital standards (assuming that your monitor supports DVI-D), that said, you should still troubleshoot out to confirm its an adapter thing before buying anything.

Solution
Jun 29, 2019

I'll soon try it out after I re-install my Zotac GTX 560. I'd also like to point out that I'm currently using the integrated graphics to use this computer and reply to this thread so its safe to say that my MOBO is still good.
I did try to restart my PC after the "No signal" came out and the outcome was it's still all black. I can't see the option where you can setup the bios and the Intel logo.

Here's the thing that I tried after the "No signal" Incident:
  1. Taken out the GPU and used my I-GPU to get some output on my monitor.
  2. Uninstalled the Drivers and the Tweaking utility.
  3. Downloaded the previous drivers just to test if rollbacking the drivers will work. (But not yet installed).
  4. Re-installed the GPU again by placing it back to the PCIE slot.

The outcome was it's still "No signal" but I heard the windows music starts up and I'll take that as a good sign. There were some heat on the GPU PCB after i taken it out again but its not that hot. What do you guys take on this?

Jun 29, 2019
UPDATE: So I've tried re-installing my GTX 560 and connected it with the hdmi - vga adapter and the output was its all black. But when I tried to connect it on to motherboard VGA, It suddenly works. What I think is that the MOBO is not detecting my GPU at all. Any fix on that?

vincentneo

Proper
Dec 25, 2018
UPDATE: So I've tried re-installing my GTX 560 and connected it with the hdmi - vga adapter and the output was its all black. But when I tried to connect it on to motherboard VGA, It suddenly works. What I think is that the MOBO is not detecting my GPU at all. Any fix on that?

Does the computer POST (i.e the press esc to enter BIOS screen) when using the GPU's VGA output? Does it go black screen in Windows? I am wondering if it was a driver conflict of some kind as you upgraded from the GTX 560 to GTX1050, confusing the drivers along the way.

Jun 29, 2019
Does the computer POST (i.e the press esc to enter BIOS screen) when using the GPU's VGA output? Does it go black screen in Windows?

It was all black on POST Screen to Windows Screen when I was using the HDMI to VGA port. So what I've done is I bought a DVI cable and put it on the GPU and my monitor. It's now working properly! I think I still have to replace my Power Supply to Corsair 450w. Thanks for all the Tips!