Question Sudden BSOD and now completely bricked, could it be the GPU?

Sep 24, 2024
I got a BSOD (Kernel Security Check Failure, Windows 11) out of the blue while web browsing, failed to boot up a single time since.

It's giving either Kernel Security Check Failure or Phase1 Initialization Failed. Can't enter Safe Mode, when I try to launch from an usb with Windows11 ISO screen goes black.

I've checked the RAM, it's fine from the looks of it. Haven't made any hardware changes recently.

Only thing I can think of which could go wrong suddenly is my GT1030, rest are mid range components from 5 years ago. But there's been practically no wear and tear on them and use has been exclusively light.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

If you have an iGPU, then remove the discrete GPU and see if the issue persists while hooked to your motherboard's display output ports.

Sep 24, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

If you have an iGPU, then remove the discrete GPU and see if the issue persists while hooked to your motherboard's display output ports.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600
CPU cooler: Stock
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B450M
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3400Mhz
SSD/HDD: Crucial 500GB SSD
GPU: Nvdia GT1030
PSU: EVGA 600W W1

I haven't got an iGPU sadly nor can I lend one from anyone at the moment, would appreciate any other diagnostic methods.