Sudden BSOD Issue - Startup Repair Not Working

Feb 26, 2018
Hi, All,
Tonight I went to my studio computer to find the screen was on Startup Repair saying it could not repair this computer automatically. I tried rebooting Windows Normally and got BSOD. I tried Startup Repair several more times. Usually it was just frozen with no ability to TAB or use arrows to select anything. One time it gave me the option to report to Microsoft and look at the problem details.

I have not installed any new hardware recently. I've installed a couple of programs but I've been using the computer nonstop for weeks without issue since installing the last program I used. I've tried starting in SAFE MODE but repeatedly pressing F8 will not get me to safe mode like normal. Startup only brings me to the screen which asks me if I want to do Startup Repair or start Windows normally.

UPDATE: After updating the BIOS to the most recent version I was able to get SAFE MODE as an option but it booted to the same BSOD.

My main boot drive is a Samsung Solid State drive (SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA 6Gb/s).

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks. Yeah, I ordered a new SSHD that should arrive today and going to try a fresh install. Man, such a pain with the amount of stuff I have to install but hoping that fixes it!

Thanks for the reply! I'll let you know how it goes!

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks! I did a fresh Windows install on a brand new hard drive and it's booting with no problem. Not sure what happened but I'm going to be a lot better about making a disc image moving forward!