Question sudden BSOD

Nov 18, 2019
Hi, so I installed the epic games launcher yesterday, and immediately started experiencing BSOD. At first I thought it was related to the installation but that was not the case as suddenly I was unable to access my computer without a crash after 10 seconds. The BSODs are almost a new one each time (kernel security check failure, critical process died, irql not less or equal are some, system service exception)

I cant do anything inside the machine as I cant get into the desktop without a BSOD.

I tried:

boot from usb and installing a new windows, bsod almost immediately during install

Unplugging the SSD and replacing it with a brand new one, still BSODs during the windows install. Hardware issue? Do i need a new mobo?

Switching out RAM sticks, still doesnt work.

Sometimes it will crash inside of the bios menu when i move my mouse too much

GTX 1060
b250 bazooka mobo socket 1151
intel i7 7700k
hyperx kingston 240gb
corsair CX550M, 550W PSU
Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000MHz 16GB
cooler master master airpro 3

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019
I just plugged out the graphics card, still crashing. Wondering if this a driver issue, but is that possible considering i plugged out the old ssd where windows booted from and replaced it?

Nov 18, 2019
T
• Intel B250 Chipset
7th Gen processors support DDR4 2400/ 2133 MHz memory
DDR4 memory modules can only run at maximum of 2400 MHz for 7th Gen processors

What is memory part number and/or link to it?
I

This is on the back of the memory sticks (2 of them): CMR16GX4M2C3000C16
DDR 16GB(2x8gb) 3000MHz 16-18-18-36

have had the ram sticks(and the rest of the machine) for about 14 months now without any issues

I even bought another motherboard today, I noticed the old one had a broken pin but I still get crashes 😞

I tried switching the ram sticks with another identical pair I had laying around but the issue is the same

I have switched out every part except the psu and cpu at this point. I dont know why this happens

Everyone on youtube talks about driver issues but im still getting this problem with a completely new ssd just trying to install windows on it

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019
I also get the PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA when unplugging my ssd, plugging in a new one and trying to install windows to it with a brand new usb with windows 10 on it. Google says: (or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) occurs when the Windows operating system cannot find data that should be stored in the non-paged area. This error usually occurs due to problems with hardware, such as corrupt sectors on the hard disk.

But how can I have a corrupt sector when I have an empty hard drive?

I also tried plugging out all my peripherals + internet cable, still the same

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS