Question Sudden consistent FPS loss in games that used to run fine??

ViralChameleon1

Honorable
Jan 31, 2015
So recently I've tried running certain games (Vermintide 2, Divinity 2 and Apex Legends) and found that where they would normally run at a relatively consistent 50-60fps, they now run at less than half of that regardless of what settings I adjust. Vermintide runs at 15fps now whenever I'm not looking directly at the floor or a wall (It used to run perfectly smooth during hordes but now I get less than 10fps just by moving around the lobby area). Divinity 2 which I have been playing a lot recently used to run at a solid unbudging 60fps, but now only gives me 30 or less at any given moment (also regardless of settings). And Apex is completely unplayable as well regardless of settings.

When I say "regardless of settings" I mean that in each of these games I have turned them down to the lowest possible settings and not noticed any noteworthy increases in fps. I would again like to make it clear that these games all used to run smoothly at medium-high settings as well so this was very strange and I am at my wits end here.

Other games such as Titanfall 2, Risk of Rain 2 and Genshin Impact all run as smoothly as they used to, which leads me to believe that my hardware is not the cause of this.

My Specs:

• Ryzen 2600 CPU
  • RX 5500 XT 4GB GPU
  • 16GB 2400Mhz RAM
Things I have tried to remedy the situation so far:

• I've checked file integrity for each of the games
  • I've reinstalled my GPU drivers
  • I've reinstalled windows
  • I've checked temperatures when running the games (they seem normal)
  • I've checked part utilization when running the games (also seem normal)
  • I've run System file checker on both of my drives
  • I've run CHKDSK on both of my drives
  • I've Defragmented both of my drives
  • I've reinstalled all the games in question
  • I've rebooted my PC upwards of 15 times
  • I've scanned for malware
  • I've prayed
So far nothing has worked and I don't know what else I can possibly try or what I'm even supposed to look for anymore. The only thing I can remember changing in my pc's inner workings is that I've upgraded my GPU driver recently, but as I've stated above, I've done a clean driver reinstallation twice already with no effect.

Please help me.

erik62905

Honorable
Jan 17, 2018
Hey I see that you didn't get any replies so I thought I'd try to help. Is this issue still persisting? Also, how long did you have this system before this started occurring?

Are you certain nothing big or small happened before this all started? Like did this start happening after a windows update? Power outage? Blue screen? Or just overnight?

I'm assuming based off of what you said that you didn't change any bios settings or anything along those lines?

Best of luck.

TRENDING THREADS