Question Sudden crashes and Blue screens

Nov 10, 2021
Hello all,

Since a while (about a month) I am expiencing crashes (my pc freezes and reboots) and some times a series of blue screens appear with multiple error codes such as:
  • Kernel security check failure
  • Irql not less or equal
  • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
  • mode exception not handled

Some crashes don't show error codes and the system just restarts. Sometimes the restarts in an endless black screen.. than i have to take the power of to restart it.

The freezes and crashes seems to mostly happen when im just surfing on the interwebs so im not really asking that much from my pc.. I have been looking for any strange things in taksmanager but all seems fine and temp. stays okay aswell.

__
Last crash (just now) i my pc crashed without an error.
  • Only 3% of the CPU was being used
  • CPU temp was around 34c,
  • GPU temp was arount 50c,
  • memory used 45%
__

my specs are:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 eight-Core
RAM- 2x G.Slill DDR 4 Aegis 8GB 3000MHz
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1017
PSU - Corsair CX750
Motherboard - MSI B450 GAMING PLUS

Storage
Samsung SSD 830 series
Samung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
WDC WD10EARX-00n0YB0 - 1TB HDD

I truely don't know how to fix this and am thinking of getting it checked by a prof. But not before i tried everything i can myself.

Any advice?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is the PSU you're on at the moment the green labelled or grey labelled unit? How old is the unit? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? If you're on Windows 10, please include the OS version.

Nov 10, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Is the PSU you're on at the moment the green labelled or grey labelled unit? How old is the unit? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? If you're on Windows 10, please include the OS version.

Hello!

The PSU is green labeled and its pretty old about 8 years i guess..
The Bios version is American MEgatrends inc. 1.60, 6-3-2019

windows version is 10.0.19043 build 19043.1288
(21H1)

I hope this is what you needed to know!

Nov 10, 2021
stress test you psu with occt for about 10 min take note of voltages before and on test you could use hwinfo for that and made a log of it and try to use only the oss ssd if nocrach had the other ssd finally the hdd to system .

I had 3 other crashes this evening. One when trying to type this message and another browsing Twitch. with error codes:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
kmode exception not handled

Last crash was without an code but when my pc rebooted all i got was a black screen.. had to take the power off to restart it.

Have done that, noted the Voltages from OCCT itself (took screenshots)
Voltage pretest:
O6Y6EqC.png

Next 2 are voltage during test:

iIKzXiq.png

and
95TGleE.png