Sudden death pc

berry_91

Commendable
Jun 4, 2017
Need some revelation for this problem, i hope you can help me solve it.

So here's the thing: i turned on the pc like usual and started surfing the internet.
After some 30 minutes or so, my speaker suddenly went "bzt", made me a bit startled since the volume was a bit loud. Then i realized that my keyboard and mouse had stopped working(the caps lock lamp died, can't type anything, and the infrared on mouse died).
Since there's nothing i can't do in such situation, naturally i went straight to press reset button to force restart the pc. The pc restarting again, but it failed proceeding to bios and keeps restarting.
Attempted:
-reset cmos
-disconnect all the devices (usb, monitor, etc)
-cleaning ram
My spek:
Intel core i5 3450 ivy bridge
Nvidia gtx 1060
8gb Ram ddr3
Seasonic ss 650jt

Solution

Boot loops can be caused by a faulty power supply. Typically the symptom will be quickly recycling attempts to boot, while never activating the display, or beeping at all. Often the 'giveaway' here will be the fans momentarily 'revving', then shutting down.

berry_91

Commendable
Jun 4, 2017
Before i went to work today i removed the cmos battery and when i got back i forgot about that and tried to turn on the pc. The pc turned on for like 1 sec (fan lamp turned on then died). That's when i remembered about the cmos and tried one more attempt after putting the cmos battery back. But now the pc didn't start at all. I did your suggestion but still no hope.

Boot loops can be caused by a faulty power supply. Typically the symptom will be quickly recycling attempts to boot, while never activating the display, or beeping at all. Often the 'giveaway' here will be the fans momentarily 'revving', then shutting down.

Solution

berry_91

Commendable
Jun 4, 2017
Yeah i too started to think that the fault lies on the psu. Will try using my friend's psu and see what happens. Thank you very much for kindly answer my problem

TRENDING THREADS