Sudden fps drop in some game

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil02

Honorable
May 11, 2013
I am experiencing sudden fps drop in games like crysis3. , simcity5, remember me ,dead island riptide ..
It's happens randomly ....but in crysis 3 drop happens whenever there is explosion or while shooting or randomly while turning mouse cursor in any direction ( on low settings my fps are 47 but it drops to 35 or 30)
My specs
Fx 6100 amd CPU
Gtx 650ti 2gb
1tb hdd(4 years old and around 200gb free space)
Psu 500w cooler master(4years old)
Ram 8 gb ddr3
Screen resolution 1366*768
My temp
CPU idle 28 to 30 degree and while playing around 50
Gpu idle 39 and while playing 40-55
And I can't understand why CPU usage doesn't go above 30-40 while playing games.....
I can play metro last night ,battlefiled 3 , resident evil6, dead space3,sleeping dogs, grid 3, crysis2 on high settings smoothly .....but why fps drop happens in some games ....PLEASE HELP ME........I hv installed latest drivers also

Solution
Hi,

I know this is an old thread now but what the hey.

This doesn't sound unusual for a GTX 650ti. It is not a powerful card. Crysis 3 has dips with explosions and bullets with my Sli Titan rig (although that is on ultra settings on a 2k monitor).

Some little things that may help are setting power options to high performance. Checking that all of the nvidia global options are set to application controlled or off. and disabling Windows aero.

The CPU is very good at working through physics type tasks, but they are no good at working with graphics. So that's why it is not being maxed during gaming. But your GPU will definitely be maxed out with those games.

It happens when you randomly turn around because games render what's in...

James Orme

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Hi,

I know this is an old thread now but what the hey.

This doesn't sound unusual for a GTX 650ti. It is not a powerful card. Crysis 3 has dips with explosions and bullets with my Sli Titan rig (although that is on ultra settings on a 2k monitor).

Some little things that may help are setting power options to high performance. Checking that all of the nvidia global options are set to application controlled or off. and disabling Windows aero.

The CPU is very good at working through physics type tasks, but they are no good at working with graphics. So that's why it is not being maxed during gaming. But your GPU will definitely be maxed out with those games.

It happens when you randomly turn around because games render what's in front of you in the most detail, so as you turn around its rendering the detail for that part, that is why it lags.

Hope you have resolved it since anyway!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.