[SOLVED] Sudden FPS drops after installing SSD ?

Oct 1, 2021
I recently installed an m.2 ssd and prior I wasn’t getting any issues. Was getting 250+ FPS in league and now I’m getting 100 or lower and having stuttering problems

specs
Ryzen 7 2700x
Rtx 2070
16gb ddr4 ram
Gigabyte aorus ultra gaming motherboard

ive wiped all my drives reinstalled all my drivers updated my bios and nothing seems to work someone help please

Solution
Please share what PSU you got, make and model.

A few questions: You had two WD HDD, right ? one of them had the OS?. Now you got a brand new WD black m.2 SSD, Is the OS now on the SSD?. Did you made a clean fresh install of Windows 10?, or Did you used a cloning software?

And also restart your PC, close any unwanted program (anything you don't need, like monitors, RGB software, discord, twitch, etc.). After that open a browser and download and run userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Do you own the X470 chipsetted Gigabyte variant of the Aorus Ultra Gaming? Make and model of your storages? Also, which BIOS version are you currently on and what slots are the rams populating? Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Oct 1, 2021
Yes it’s the x470 and I have 2 wd blue hdd and one wd black m.2 ssd. My bios version is 41 and my ram is in slots 1 and 2 and my psu is a thermaltake 500w smart series and it’s about 6 years old or more

Lutfij

Titan
thermaltake 500w smart series and it’s about 6 years old or more
We have the culprit to your problem. Throw that out and source a reliably built PSU for your build unless the PSU's already killed the other components. You also have BIOS updates pending for your motherboard. Gradually work your way up to the latest BIOS version, don't just jump to the latest.

Oct 1, 2021
I recently installed an m.2 ssd and prior I wasn’t getting any issues. Was getting 250+ FPS in league and now I’m getting 100 or lower and having stuttering problems

specs
Ryzen 7 2700x
Rtx 2070
16gb ddr4 ram
Gigabyte aorus ultra gaming motherboard

ive wiped all my drives reinstalled all my drivers updated my bios and nothing seems to work someone help please

Please share what PSU you got, make and model.

A few questions: You had two WD HDD, right ? one of them had the OS?. Now you got a brand new WD black m.2 SSD, Is the OS now on the SSD?. Did you made a clean fresh install of Windows 10?, or Did you used a cloning software?

And also restart your PC, close any unwanted program (anything you don't need, like monitors, RGB software, discord, twitch, etc.). After that open a browser and download and run userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/

Solution

TRENDING THREADS