Question Sudden FPS drops after installing SSD ?

Oct 7, 2021
So i recently installed SSD on my Laptop after installing that my gaming performance of laptop went drastically down for e.g, i used to get 40-45 FPs on GTA V on high settings but after installing ssd the fps went down to 8-10 fps on low settings and now it does'nt even matter what are graphic settings are it just gives me 8-10 fps sometimes it goes upto 12 not in just GTA V but in other games as well like cs go which is a low hardware demanding game i tried reinstalling windows but nothing happend i reinstalled the game still nothing changed , when i checked the task manager while the game is running the GPU usage was 98% and CPU usage was fluctuating between 30-35% i don't know what to do anymore i also checked for viruses but there aren't any
can someone give me a solution please it will be a huge help.

LAPTOP SPECS

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)
GPU Nvidia Geforce mx110 2GB
SSD Kingston NVMe 256Gb
OS Windows 10 home (original)

Games are downloaded from official sources like Steam and Epic Games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to mention the make and model of your laptop. An SKU for the laptop will help us two fold. As for your OS, what version of Windows 10 are you on at the time of writing? Was the OS cloned or did you reinstall the OS? To add, can you check and see what your BIOS version is for your laptop?