[SOLVED] Sudden FPS drops to 0 in some games

Jul 3, 2021
Hey,
I've recently bought a Lenovo S145 with I5-1035G1 and Intel UHD Graphics, 8GB RAM. I know it isn't ideal for gaming but I can play, without problem, games like Far Cry 2, Star Wars; The Old Republic, CS:GO and even Warframe.
But when I try to play other games like Valorant, Fortnite, Warzone and Path of Exile, they're presenting huge fps drops (50 or higher to 0 for some seconds) when walking, moving the camera or shooting, and I can't figured out why.
I've checked the CPU temperature and it's okay during the games, and I've updated the Intel drivers as well.
Initially, I was experiencing these huge drops in Warframe, but I was able to solve them changing settings in Intel Graphics Software and setting Directx12 in the game launcher. This fix doesn't works for the other games mentioned above.

I think it may be some settings problem, since the notebook meets the minimums requirements for all these games and some of them even run in 60 FPS or more, when I'm not moving or shooting, for example.

Do you guys know what the cause might be? I've read other similar posts and followed several tutorials on internet, but none of them have solved my problem.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Initially, I'd need to tell you that the laptop wasn't meant for gaming, so be prepared for the laptop to croak when you need the laptop the most during work or an assignment. That being said. check and see what BISO version you're currently on using CPU-Z>Mainboard tab>BIOS section. Then use the SKU/serial number on you laptop(underneath the laptop) to locate the support page for your laptop and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your laptop.

As for your games, you might want to try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot, then manually reinstall with the latest drivers sourced from Intel's support page. When reinstalling, install said driver in an elevated command, i,e, Right...

Lutfij

Titan

Initially, I'd need to tell you that the laptop wasn't meant for gaming, so be prepared for the laptop to croak when you need the laptop the most during work or an assignment. That being said. check and see what BISO version you're currently on using CPU-Z>Mainboard tab>BIOS section. Then use the SKU/serial number on you laptop(underneath the laptop) to locate the support page for your laptop and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your laptop.

As for your games, you might want to try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot, then manually reinstall with the latest drivers sourced from Intel's support page. When reinstalling, install said driver in an elevated command, i,e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reactions: flaulhabe
Solution
Jul 3, 2021

As for your games, you might want to try and use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot, then manually reinstall with the latest drivers sourced from Intel's support page. When reinstalling, install said driver in an elevated command, i,e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Thanks for the reply! I've previously checked the BIOS version and it's in the latest version.
As for the DDU to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them, I'll do it and report here the result.