Question Sudden FPS drops while gaming

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 10, 2019
I haven't lowered my CPU usage, and to be quite honest, I don't know how to do that. I've reinstalled windows, and did a clean install of my amd drivers. My games should run the way they did last week.

Mar 10, 2019
Ok, from my experience, I also get sudden fps drops that lead to stuttering and I found the reason. For me, it is my connection to the internet that is causing all the sudden fps drops. I don't know if you're using wifi or not, but I do, and boy does it happen at least once every 10 mins. I've heard of others also having the same problem like me so I'm wondering if it's also just a problem with your connection to your router. I guess another thing that could potentially cause these fps drops is that you lowered your cpu usage way way lower than the default 100%. I personally have mine set at 65% so Idk if that would actually be a cause. I'm no computer know-it-all :( Well, hopefully you'll fix it soon.
So after reinstalling windows and installing the latest drivers, the problem's still persist. In the games I've tested the CPU is not at 100%. If it's not the CPU then it may be my hdd. Does anyone know how to check for error in a hard drive? I have all my games installed on a 1 tb hard drive separate from windows.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS