[SOLVED] Sudden Frame Drop

PencilTip

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
I've had my gaming PC for almost two years now and have experienced no issues until recently where games such as League of Legends that would run 100+ frames barely hit 20 frames. (The same happens with other games)

Pc Specs

Windows 10
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD Ryzen 3 1200
8 Gb RAM
GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming

I've tried uninstalling my driver completely and reinstalling sadly doesn't work still

I recently installed a 2Tb Western Digital hard drive a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if it's related to my issue as I am not experienced with computers but thought I would mention.

Solution
I'm not fully sure about any temporary solution, since that CPU temp value is high. Maybe try re-installing Windows OS for the time being ?

If the CPU temp becomes normal, after re-applying the thermal paste, or by changing the cooler, and you still experience frame rate drops, and poor performance, then most likely the issue might be elsewhere.
What is the GPU and CPU's temp value while Gaming ? Which power supply are you using ? Are you using the latest GPU drivers ? Have you tried to rollback the drivers as well ?

Did you recently update your Windows OS copy ? Because some of the recent OS patches/updates have been problematic, though the issue is not widespread.

PencilTip

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
I am not sure. How would I check? (sorry im not experienced with this kinda stuff)

Corsair CX Series 450 Watt 80 Plus

Yes I am using the latest GPU driver

I tried to rollback right now but the option can't be clicked on

I did recently update windows

To monitor the GPU and CPU temp value, go through this guide. For the PSU, you need to check your ATX cabinet.

Try doing a clean re-install of the GPU drivers by using this DDU tool. Do it in OS safe Mode. Either Rollback the drivers, or install the latest version. Try both ways.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

More instructions can be found here: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

PencilTip

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
GPU temperature 43-45°C
Gpu usage was all over the place is that normal?
CPU usage was 100%
CPU temperature 95°C

my PSU is a Corsair CX Series 450 Watt 80 Plus

I've tried using DDU to do a clean re-install but ill try in safe mode

I'm not fully sure about any temporary solution, since that CPU temp value is high. Maybe try re-installing Windows OS for the time being ?

If the CPU temp becomes normal, after re-applying the thermal paste, or by changing the cooler, and you still experience frame rate drops, and poor performance, then most likely the issue might be elsewhere.

Solution