coocolad

Honorable
Apr 14, 2017
Hello, I have had my PC for quite some time now and it has been through a few moves with me however this time something different has occurred. Whether it be due to lack of cleaning, the moving process itself, or being dormant for some time I am having this issue where in game (league of legends) the frames are fantastic, my Radeon center reads out excellent gameplay quality, and everything is smooth with no lag or drops then suddenly after a few games it all goes downhill. The frames will drop to unplayable, my Radeon will suddenly read out poor performance and start flickering on and off, and it plays the same way it would play if one were to run the game off of their motherboard rather than their GPU. After restarting the computer this problem temporarily goes away for another few games and resurfaces at random, I have updated and replaced all of the necessary drivers and I am starting to worry that this is a gpu issue. I am currently using a DVI cable for the connection, the PC is hardwired, windows-10, and below are the parts, any advice on what it could be or potential fixes to try would be greatly appreciated. If any other info is needed let me know, I am going to take it apart and clean the fans and parts after i get a good idea of what's going on.

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 480 4GB Dual Video Card
Case: Zalman R1 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Solution
Good performance at the start with loiter performance after awhile is a classic sign of thermal throttling. Something is getting to hot and clock speeds are being lowered. Cpu, gpu, mother board are the most likely. Find out what is getting hot and clean the dust.

4745454b

Titan
Good performance at the start with loiter performance after awhile is a classic sign of thermal throttling. Something is getting to hot and clock speeds are being lowered. Cpu, gpu, mother board are the most likely. Find out what is getting hot and clean the dust.

Solution