[SOLVED] Sudden framedrops in Grand Theft Auto V

Jun 20, 2021
Hi,
I experience moments in GTA V where the frametime spikes as high up to 500ms. I’ve tried everything, verifying game files, moving the game, reinstalling drivers with DDU, but I still have the issue. I’ve had this issue in the past, but it just disappeared then. It came back, but I have no clue on what to do next, I don’t have issue with other games. I have an RX 570 and a 10900KF.

Solution
I might suspect that the RX580 and driver is the issue.
I do not know how amd drivers go about optimizing performance but there may be an option in their driver app for GTA V.
Possibly you can find some solutions on the GTA V forums.
Is there a game patch available for GTA V?
Problems only with a particular game suggests a game defect.

Is there any possibility that you are throttling?
10900K can get toasty.
Run Hwmonitor and look at the max temperature. If you see a max of 100c, you have throttled.

Jun 20, 2021
Is there a game patch available for GTA V?
Problems only with a particular game suggests a game defect.

Is there any possibility that you are throttling?
10900K can get toasty.
Run Hwmonitor and look at the max temperature. If you see a max of 100c, you have throttled.
It’s not throttling, it stays under 55C in every game. It’s really weird, I had this problem 5 months ago, and I just disappeared, but it came randomly back. Would it help to do a fresh install of Windows? I was planning that soon anyway.

I might suspect that the RX580 and driver is the issue.
I do not know how amd drivers go about optimizing performance but there may be an option in their driver app for GTA V.
Possibly you can find some solutions on the GTA V forums.

Solution