[SOLVED] Sudden game lag while streaming/recording

Polarbear1284

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017
Last week I was able to stream fine with no lag or stuttering but one day all of a sudden when I stream, record, or share screens in discord while playing a game my frames drop by half if not more. My friend said I need a new cpu but I just think its strange how in 1 day it was able to drop so drastically I figured it would be a gradual decline.

Specs:
GPU: Geforce GTX 1070 G1
CPU: i7-4790
Ram: 16gb DDR3 Rip Jaws

Solution
There might have been an OS, application, game patch, or driver update that robbed/is robbing you of some performance if you see such a large disparity from one day to the next, assuming CPU temps/clock speed etc. are normal...

(Often someone's AIO pump will fail, but because the CPU throttles to much lower clock speeds, it might not be instantly noticeable at the desktop, but, certainly performance might be horrendous at 800-1000 Mhz compared to normal...)

HWMonitor will allow monitoring of clock speeds and CPU temps,,,(if you see ~100C and subsequently lower clock speeds , you are overheating for whatever reasons)
There might have been an OS, application, game patch, or driver update that robbed/is robbing you of some performance if you see such a large disparity from one day to the next, assuming CPU temps/clock speed etc. are normal...

(Often someone's AIO pump will fail, but because the CPU throttles to much lower clock speeds, it might not be instantly noticeable at the desktop, but, certainly performance might be horrendous at 800-1000 Mhz compared to normal...)

HWMonitor will allow monitoring of clock speeds and CPU temps,,,(if you see ~100C and subsequently lower clock speeds , you are overheating for whatever reasons)

Solution

Polarbear1284

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017

It's at its average temps, should I uninstall some drivers or will a driver released in the future help with the problem?

It's at its average temps, should I uninstall some drivers or will a driver released in the future help with the problem?
Make sure you are using the GPU for streaming,nvenc in encoder settings,if that is what you already used before than the only thing that can severely affect FPS is the game itself,some games are just crap and cause a lot of problems if you want to stream them.