Sudden High CPU Usage 4690k GTX1060 Please help...

Thewander1

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
Hello,

Im after some help please if possible.

Today I've had a issue with my PC its been running perfectly the last 12 months and today all of a sudden CPU usage when playing games is hitting 100% never went about 70-80 before today.

When I first noticed the issue I was already on a overclock of 4.5ghz and never had any issues at all. So I tried stock default settings and still had the same issue.

In COD Black ops 3 my regular cpu usage has always been between 60-80 and today all of a sudden its hitting 100 its happening in all my other games too.

Temps are fine in 50s GPU usage is 90-99 temps at 70 no issues there I dont think.

I havent changed anything before today and always kept default settings vsync off and on no diff. Power options ive always been on the balanced mode but I tried performance now and still nothing, even reinstalled nvidia drivers.

ive googled everything and not found any solutions...

my rig is
i5 4690k
NZXT H440
H100i GTX
Palit GTX 1060 SJ
8gb ram 1600mhz
CX600m PSU
Gigabyte G1 Sniper z97 Rev 1.x (red)

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, I did check task manager whilst playing Black ops 3 Gta v etc and it did show CPU usage at 100 used only by the games.

Thanks in advance

Draqone

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Reinstalling nVidia drivers would hardly help with CPU load.

Honestly, it's not bad that a CPU is at 100%, it just shows it's working.

Might have been that the games got patched to use the cores more evenly or something. If the CPU is not overheating I wouldn't worry.

Thewander1

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016

When I'm not idling cpu is idling fine around 10 and less no other background processes running its weird because it's only happened today before today never had any issues there's not been any windows update either that could have messed things up not sure what to do