Question Sudden High Pings In games

Feb 27, 2021
New desktop PC Windows 10. When play online games seems work fine for like 10 Minutes then sudden surge and get extremly high pink over 300 when uormal is like 50 . Cleared out coach scan vires/malware stilll high ping. I know the modem and ISP is perfect as also have older laptop that can play game also on win 10 runs games no issue ever and never high pings ever!! Is isolated to this 1 pc what is wrongs?? No other devices connected to modem at same time

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see if your PC's motherboard is pending any BIOS updates. Then check and see which version of Windows 10 you're on at the moment. We're currently on version 20H2 for Windows 10. The next thing you should do is make sure your networking drivers are reinstalled with the latest driver version. When reinstalling, reinstall the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You might want to see if the router you have is pending any firmware updates.

Feb 27, 2021
The bios is latest version.

Windows is on the latest version for the pc

network drivers also latest version also

issue still occurs worse seems what could be issue???

Where do you get the ping numbers from the game or did you actually run a ping command.

You want to leave a constant ping run in a background window and see the problem occur at the same time as the game.

Many times games lie and blame other internal delays on the network.

Feb 27, 2021
It defintly pings as playing game itself bounces and crashes out due to incredibbly high ping. Game itself is unplayble due it bounce and acutal delays. As i said on my laptop its fine no issues yet on new desktop it pings and bounces annd delays so badly yet using same modem

In many way it would be better if the problem was with the game, it tends to be easier to get it fixed. I hope you actually tested this with a ping command and are not just looking at game performance.

Wifi you are extremely limited in your option. Just because it works on a laptop means nothing at all. Extremely tiny difference like antenna location make huge difference. You likely have different brands of wifi cards etc etc.

Be very sure the laptop and the desktop are using the same radio band.

They key problem with desktop is the location of the antenna. Depending on the wifi card you can buy antenna cables to allow you to move the antenna away from the case.

Feb 27, 2021
It is all about actual perfomance not numbers alone. All bassed on the actual obvious actual perfonce its clear that its having high ping .
I know for fact its not do with the games server as laptop works perfectly fine

both are using exact same radio band

The antenna for destop is using a antenna extsion that is up on top bench.

Problem seems be with settings somewhere anyone can actually help with that???