[SOLVED] Sudden laptop restart (not overheating issue)

mahmut1313

Honorable
Feb 19, 2016
Hello, i have a laptop

7.gen Kaby Lake Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ,
8GB (1x8GB) DDR4L 1.2V 2400MHz,
256GB SSD,
1tb hdd,
17.3" Full HD 1920x1080 IPS Mat LED monitor,
6GB GDDR5 nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX1060 192-Bit DX12

My laptop suddenly shutdowns and reboots itself. The ssd's sectors was bad so i thought that it was because of that so i removed ssd and installed windows after that when i picked up my laptop unplugged it did the same thing so i thought it was because of battery. I shaked my laptop when its plugged in nothing happened. However, when the ssd was installed i tried to format windows when i was formatting windows i picked up my laptop it shutdown. So should i be worried or just secure my battery in place and dont worry about anything else. Also i stress test my laptop nothing happened when its in alot of stress like 90 degrees of cpu temp.

Edit:i secured the battery and now everything works fine and i stress test it and i basically dance with the laptop running on battery :D. However, the issue was with the ssd i guess because hdd diagnostic program showed its health as 47%

Last edited by a moderator:

mahmut1313

Honorable
Feb 19, 2016
Glad you sorted it, but If you're still using the same SSD that shows 47% health and bad sectors, you should back up any important data that's on it asap, then replace it.
I got my laptop used i found the real issue. I guess its because of something dropped on the keyboard . Under the laptop keyboard there is a metal plate and it was touching the motherboard and i put a a4 paper to make it non-conductive and restarting issue solved. Thanks for the reply.