i7 6700K

MSI GTX 980ti

G.Skill trident Z 3000Mhz Ram

Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA-170X

XFX Pro850W PSU

Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler

Samsung NVME m2 SSD

WD Black 2tb HDD

Exact Issue Shown in video's below (From another post here in forums but not solved)

Uncapped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZRw_6inKd0

Capped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdNDGzTS11o

Temps under load: CPU 35-50 Avg (60 Max) GPU 65-75 Avg (78 Max)

So i have had a recent problem of screen tearing of quite a large amount for the past 2 weeks (from what i have noticed) its never been there before and i have never used vsync.

i have tried vsync and it eliminates the problem but its not really an option to use as the input lag is too much of a factor, i have also tried a friends gsync monitor and 3 other monitors with different connections and still the exact problem persists. my friend also builds pc's so i got him to build me a complete fresh pc with brand new parts consisting of an i7 7700K, EVGA 1070, 16GB Avexit DDR4 3000mhz ram, Samsung SSD, Gigabyte G1 Gaming mobo and even there with a fresh windows an fresh game install its still persists.

khanleggett

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018
I have tried rolling back 3-4 nvidia drivers to when i remember it being perfectly smooth and no luck, currently on the newest, os is freshy installed with all newest updates, nwest runtime c++ software, and directx all fully updated.

fredfinks

Honorable
spewing that the driver rollback didnt help.
Not sure if you saw my edit with the last post but to repeat, lodge a ticket with nvidia AND the games's developer and discuss on the game's forums

In meantime, is vsync really that bad? i always have it on.

khanleggett

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018
I clean removed and installed them each time, but i agree it was a last ditch attempt, ticket sent to nvidia, also its on every gamer not just one.

also vsync for me isnt unplayable but far from ideal, not to mention i shouldnt need to use it as it was smooth as butter 2 or so weeks before now.

khanleggett

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018
UPDATE: i haver since built a new pc, i7 8700K and a EVGA 1070, still the exact problem, all new parts, new monitors cables everything, could this be a windows update issue or driver issue?