Cooler master 120 AIO,
Asus prime x570-p MB
gskill trident 3200 ram 48GB
corsair RM 750X PSU
EVGA 2080 ti gaming black
Kraken G12 bracket W Kraken G53 240mm AIO
1TB nvme crucial m.2
2x iron wolf 7200rpm hybrid 2TB

Having an issue where start-up sounds normal, but no display output on HDMI or DP. Previously working just fine gaming well, temps were low, 60's on Cpu, 50's on GPU playing games, recently added the AIO to my GPU because temps were creeping up to high 80's with stock cooler, everything was working perfectly until I tried to fire up my rig today, I reseated all the cables, reseated the GPU, Swapped the GPU to the other PCIex16 slot, made sure all the DP and HDMI was tight and secure, swapped out the GPU power cables and still nothing. I have a hunch the GPU took a hike, but I am just trying to pick some brains before I end up spending a fortune for a GPU replacement.

Thank you in advance
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The shroud isn't actually upside down. I've been using one on a 1080Ti since the June before last.
The VRMs should be fine(that's what the single fan is there for), unless the fan was kept off for some reason during use...

What I see as a POTENTIAL problem is that the Vram doesn't seem to have thermal pads and heatsinks on them. [I look a little closer, and I believe I see pads from the backplate? Never mind.]
This was a non-issue with GDDR5 and R5X; those can be cooled just fine on just chassis airflow.

Curious why you went the G12 route instead of the Hybrid kit.
Aug 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you share a link to your GPU? Sharing a few images of how the cooler is mounted to the GPU will also help in case your mount wasn't flush/was improper. How old is the PSU in your build?
https://www.clickasnap.com/i/f1osa628rqy2vv4h
https://www.clickasnap.com/i/pzqnca3rzw9agnqp

The PSU is 28 Months old
here is my GPU link to the manufactures page
https://www.evga.com/products/specs/gpu.aspx?pn=0d3aca30-c8b9-47a8-8aa8-0dda2e7e7ac7

Aug 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you share a link to your GPU? Sharing a few images of how the cooler is mounted to the GPU will also help in case your mount wasn't flush/was improper. How old is the PSU in your build?
The rest of the system seems to boot fine, fans spin, hard drives spin, RAM RGB lights up all as it usually would but nothing for video output.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The shroud isn't actually upside down. I've been using one on a 1080Ti since the June before last.
The VRMs should be fine(that's what the single fan is there for), unless the fan was kept off for some reason during use...

What I see as a POTENTIAL problem is that the Vram doesn't seem to have thermal pads and heatsinks on them. [I look a little closer, and I believe I see pads from the backplate? Never mind.]
This was a non-issue with GDDR5 and R5X; those can be cooled just fine on just chassis airflow.

Solution
Aug 2, 2021

Hybrid kit and this is essentially the same, isn't it?

https://www.clickasnap.com/i/0gk82ux67kvitgp6

Here are two photos one of the PCB and then one of the cooler.
I added heat sinks onto the VRM that wouldn't have the fan directly above just to be on the safe side.

Aug 2, 2021
Also, I just tested the GPU on my older PC I use to use to stream.
AMD 3000G
Gigabyte B450m MB
trident Z 16GB Ram
EVGA 600w PSU
500GB Samsung SSD

So when I fired up into the bios, there was no option to switch to GPU output instead of onboard video output,
In windows device manager it was not even listed as hardware seen.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There's some subtle differences, but I was just curious.

I see the typical oil stains from the thermal pads... though the focus isn't the best, nothing looks like it's blown up on the front of the PCB at least.

So when I fired up into the bios, there was no option to switch to GPU output instead of onboard video output,
In windows device manager it was not even listed as hardware seen.
Never mind, Unolocogringo already asked.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021
I think you have to REALLY try to tighten it that much. I use a torque screwdriver though.

This is looking like an electrical failure, the cause of which could be thermal, time, or some unforeseen fault with the gpu.
She was a good GPU, many nights of gaming. I tried to adjust the pressure and even reinstalled the OEM cooler, no dice.
Thank you all for your input, just seems like it failed, I maybe exacerbated it’s demise with the new cooler.