Question Sudden loss of power new pc build

Oct 16, 2020
Hi i am building a pc and i had everything together and getting power. (Gpu,ram,fans,aio,leds and everything were all getting power and lighting up). I was not getting any signal when trying to connect to any display. A buddy told me that i may have used too much thermal paste on the cpu(which was 100% the case). I took the aio off and cleaned the old thermal paste off both the cpu and aio and reapplied with a lesser amount. After getting everything back in i am getting absolutely no power to anything whatsoever. I did not unplug any components and I believe that everything is still properly connected to the mobo. The only thing i touched in between it working and not working was the processor and the one portion of the aio. Does anyone have any clue what my issue could be? Any help would be greatpy appreciated. Thanks

Oct 16, 2020
I have a psu that is 150watts lower. 650 to 500. I don’t believe an overage is the case. I have a ryzen 5 2600x. A 5700xt. 16gb ram. And 4 120mm case fans, 2ssds
DO you have another PSU ? Are you 100% that plug is working ?
i know that the plug is working because it was just a few minutes before. I am using a 650watt psu for this even though it shows 430 on pcpartpicker. I will test a 500 watt that i have at home to see if that works thank you