[SOLVED] Sudden LOW/DROPS in FPS and crashes

May 10, 2020
Hi all,

I am having an issue with low frames/drops whilst gaming. After 2/3 mins of gameplay my computer ends the game and kicks me straight to desktop, no errors or anything. I have reasonable knowledge of computing but I've come to a point now where I'm at a loss. I have my suspicions that my Coolmaster kit on the CPU is broken/not functioning or inadequate but what I don't know is would this be the cause of my fps drops/crashes?

My cpu is idling at around 80-90c whereas my GPU doesn't reach above 50c even under stress, I have checked my GPU and that is in working order (changed pci slots etc, no difference).

I'm using for cooling purposes is the Coolmaster 120 Lite.

PC Spec:
i5-8500 3ghz
16gb ram
Z370-A PRO Mobo
GTX 1070 gpu

Any recommendations/suggestions welcome.

Thank you for your time.

Cod

May 10, 2020
so cpu is overheating?

I think so, I’m not actually sure what temps would cause issues when gaming I’m just assuming 99c isn’t good. I’ve checked the cool master but I can’t see anything untowards. When I google the cool master I have they all have fans on the radiator but mine hasn’t and never has for some reason. Probably the reason I imagine.

May 10, 2020
just to clarify.... you have a liquid cooler and no fans on your radiator?
Your CPU idle temps are horrible, most likely the issue
I believe so yep. On closer inspection this morning there seems to be liquid on one of the pipes so I can only presume there’s been a leak and it’s come to a point where there’s not enough left. I didn’t notice any fluid or anything that resembles a leak elsewhere on the board or around the housing. I’m just going to replace it. Hope for the best.

cheers