Question sudden low gpu usage causing low frames/crashing

Sep 28, 2022
I was playing some destiny 2 while watching some YouTube on a second monitor and suddenly my game crashes and i get an error (CODE: broccoli). when i look up the error code it states I don't have the hardware for my pc to handle the game which didn't make sense to me as I've been playing the game with the same settings and specs for almost a year now with no problem. So I assumed my drivers/windows weren't up to date so I went on to update those and freeing up some space while I was at it. But, even with everything up to date, i got thew same errors and soon enough the videos I was watching while playing the game would freeze with the audio still playing. At times the whole browser would freeze. I tried reverting to old drivers, freeing up space, optimizing my gpu for better usage (power settings and setting s things to performance modes), checking the integrity of the games files, going back to latest drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and checking bios for anything that might stand out but to no avail. I started checking other games and noticed a huge drop in fps and low cpu usage ranging from 5%-60%. Temperatures were also completely fine with nothing going over 65. I have 100 GB of storage free so I don't thinks its a case of storage. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated!! thank you for your time :))

SPECS:
- CPU: Intel Core i9-11900KF Rocket Lake 3.5GHZ (5.3GHz Turbo) 8-Core 16-Thread

- GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming 10GB

- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance GB 32GB 3200MHZ (2x16GB)

- SSD: 2TB Intel M.2 NVMe SSD

- CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i ELITE AIO 280mm

- PSU: CORSAIR RM850x 850W 80 Plus Gold

- SYSTEM TYPE: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

- Windows 11

Sep 28, 2022
malware scan the system?
sorry for the late reply. Nothing came up as for malware/viruses. Also tried cleaning up my fans/vents/the gpu itself and there is definitely an improvement (gpu usage is normal and frames are mostly back), but now instead of getting error codes my game crashes and browsers say they are not responding (my game also said it wasn't responding instead of crashing once) along with its previous issues. Could it be a dust buildup issue inside my gpu??