Question Sudden malfunctioning...any idea?

teekay819

Reputable
Apr 8, 2016
I have been using my desktop since last December, everything set up and worked fine.
I do use a WiFi for internet and haven't moved the router or my desktop ever since December.

last Saturday morning, I woke up turned on my desktop and noticed high pings in league of legends and low connections on discord and also slow speed on browsers.
Not only that but my headphone mic was extremely low and started hearing humming noise.
So I am trying to figure out why this has happened all of sudden.
I have googled some stuff and only possible reasons that I can come up with is electronic devices or cable wires interference?
Here are few things to be noticed:

1. This has started happening since last Saturday (July 6th), Have been using same router and desktop since December.
2.. Haven't moved router or desktop position since December.
  1. My brother's desktop(in the other room) or cell phones are working fine.
  2. I did started using my A/C in my room but its using a different cable from the opposite side of the wall and for couple of days every devices was working fine....
up until now.
  1. Headset is connected to front panel USB 4..0 (Front panel fan is full of dust...maybe this has anything to do with?) still has humming noise but its volume of humming varies.
  2. WiFi speed has gotten worse.
  3. Possible motherboard issues? but Mouse, keyboard, graphic card, monitor is all functioning well without any glitches or other problems..
  4. Desktop is under desk, I should try to move it on top of desk..? (but all worked fine from December to July..)

Here are things I have tried:

1. Unplug everything and plug it back in (did nothing)
  2. Use the power cable for only desktop and nothing else (phone chargers etc...) did nothing.
  3. Turn off the A/C (did nothing)
  4. Power cables are touching the ground (not tangled up in the air)

so... I need help..or start to look for possible things to try to resolve this.
* I am NOT tech wiz

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Starting point: "Front panel fan is full of dust."

Has the desktop computer ever been opened up, cleaned, and had all components and cables reseated?

Any other maintenance actions? E.g. CCleaner, Windows Disk Cleaner, etc..?

Windows 10? Look in Reliability History for any error codes and warnings.