Sudden No Signal Message

Egemenunsal

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
My PC has been running perfectly until the start of summer.Out of nowhere I got a "No Signal" error while playing Sims 4 and I tried everything and I couldn't get the screen to work so I rebooted my PC but I came across a weird thing.The screen worked perfectly untill the Windows loading screen and after passing the loading screen (blue screen with dots circling around) a black screen with a huge white stripe and some colorful dots around it welcomed me but until coming to this screen everything worked perfectly (BIOS screen etc.).After a few more restarts I managed to start my PC correctly.But this problem started coming up later on so I thought that it was a problem caused by overheating so I started to monitor my hardware tempatures but there was nothing extra (CPU and GPU at around 50C at idle) but I plugged two extra fans that I didint use and my tempatures decreased by almost 15C degrees but my problem didint stop.I tested my monitor and I'm 99,9% sure there is no problem with it.Also I feared a virus was causing it so I ran multiple scans with multiple programs but I came across nothing.Also I noticed that this problem espacially occured while playing CS:GO,Sims 4 and World of Warcraft but ocurred sometimes while browsing Google Chrome.So I'm afraid that there is a problem with my GPU although it still gives me full performance in games.But also this might be caused by the DVI-VGA adaptor I use on my GPU so I'm asking if anyone might know what could be causing this kind of problem.

My System;

• Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz CPU
    MSI H97 Gaming 3 Military Class Motherboard
    G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB(4x4) 1600MHz CL9 RAM
    Gainward GTX 980 Phantom GDDR5 4GB GPU (DVI output with a VGA adaptor)

Thanks for your attention.

Solution
Hello sir. I had a lot of touch with the adapters. It is 80% a faulty adapter. Majority of these things are made of low quality materials in china. I suggest you buy a more expensive one which will cost like 5 dollars and also try to use a different cable with a new adapter. Invest like 10 usd. If it doesn't works , try using a different monitor with hdmi.

One more thing. Everything what you are talking about reminds me of a broken gpu. I hope it's not the case so before you rma your card try to see if the things works for you dude. :)

jakubek160

Respectable
May 22, 2017
Hello sir. I had a lot of touch with the adapters. It is 80% a faulty adapter. Majority of these things are made of low quality materials in china. I suggest you buy a more expensive one which will cost like 5 dollars and also try to use a different cable with a new adapter. Invest like 10 usd. If it doesn't works , try using a different monitor with hdmi.

One more thing. Everything what you are talking about reminds me of a broken gpu. I hope it's not the case so before you rma your card try to see if the things works for you dude. :)

Solution

Egemenunsal

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

First of all thank you for your fast response so you are saying that there is a possibility that the adaptor could be causing the problem but its more likely that my GPU is broken.So how can I test if my GPU is broken? Also I'll take your advice on cheap adaptors so thanks for that.