Question Sudden onetime buzzing noise from allowing sensors on Activision's web pages? (firefox)

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Hi, I tried to reach acitivison support pages so I can delete my cod account, but it is SO broken web site that is that I had to reduce all the defenses from my firefox browser which tracker protection and disabled uBlock Origin so site can work. It did but barely, ı also allowed the site motion/light sensors whatever that is out of hope. Site still doesnt work and I cannot delete my account so thanks to activisions broken systems, however, the moment I quit the website I heard some nearly loud buzzing noise from my pc, is it because the sensors? My computer barely 2 years old and it isnt coil whine since it just stopped after one time buzzing. I checked the smell of the PSU/GPU no problems, checked the PSU fan is it working yes it is work, there is nothing wrong with it as far as I see.

Also this never happened before, not in any website not in any game.

I also rebooted my pc just to be safe and everything is working

Some bronze 80 plus PSU
Windows 10 pro
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU GTX 1660
ASUS Prime B450M-K motherboard

Any ideas? Plus strange enough after a second try activision website gave me 405 bad gateway, refresh did the trick but I will never visit that messy site again.

SORRY IT WAS MS EDGE CHROMIUM THAT I ALLOWED MOTION/LIGHT SENSORS ON WHILE VISITING THAT WEBSITE, (I used two browsers because support page were so broken)

Last edited:

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Hi, I tried to reach acitivison support pages so I can delete my cod account, but it is SO broken web site that is that I had to reduce all the defenses from my firefox browser which tracker protection and disabled uBlock Origin so site can work. It did but barely, ı also allowed the site motion/light sensors whatever that is out of hope. Site still doesnt work and I cannot delete my account so thanks to activisions broken systems, however, the moment I quit the website I heard some nearly loud buzzing noise from my pc, is it because the sensors? My computer barely 2 years old and it isnt coil whine since it just stopped after one time buzzing. I checked the smell of the PSU/GPU no problems, checked the PSU fan is it working yes it is work, there is nothing wrong with it as far as I see.

Also this never happened before, not in any website not in any game.

I also rebooted my pc just to be safe and everything is working

Some bronze 80 plus PSU
Windows 10 pro
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU GTX 1660
ASUS Prime B450M-K motherboard

Any ideas? Plus strange enough after a second try activision website gave me 405 bad gateway, refresh did the trick but I will never visit that messy site again.

SORRY IT WAS MS EDGE CHROMIUM THAT I ALLOWED MOTION/LIGHT SENSORS ON WHILE VISITING THAT WEBSITE, (I used two browsers because support page were so broken)
Are you sure it was the correct website? This website seems to work perfectly for me: https://support.activision.com/

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Are you sure it was the correct website? This website seems to work perfectly for me: https://support.activision.com/

Yes thats the one, I used ms edge and firefox to reach pages so I can delete my account, however it seems there is even tags on Google Search when you type "Activision Site" without hitting enter, google shows "activision site not working" "activision site broken" are literally first and second searches made by people.
So I can only assume their site is broken for many people, what browser do you use?

Whatever happens though I will be not re-visit any activision webpage, that one time buzzing noise from my pc was almost loud, thank god it did not reached to my headphones,