Syndragy

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2014
Hey guys, I tried combing through some posts to see if anyone had any similar situations, but no luck, so I'm making my own post for some help!

Situation: PC crash while searching for a raid on Escape from Tarkov, no monitor/usb power, and case's restart/power button unresponsive until I use the PSU kill switch to pop the CMOS battery out and reseat, starts up normally after. Today it is taking more than one reseating to boot up normally.

Background: Happening for the passed week, so far has ONLY been occuring when loading the map/loot on Escape from Tarkov. Consistency about once a day. Have played the game for around 470 hours before any issues with crashes.
First occurrence I thought the battery just went out, so I replaced it, but then it happened a second time in a day. After reading some posts, I saw others just reseating their batteries.

What could be causing this? I checked my GPU/CPU temps while playing and my CPU usually sits around mid 80s Celsius and 65 at normal load. 60 and 40 C while loading into raids.

SPECS:

Motherboard - MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus
CPU - Ryzen 5 5600x
PSU - Antec True Power 750W 80+ Gold
GPU - EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3600
Motherboard - MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus ATX

EDIT: Turns out it does not matter if I reseat my CMOS battery or not, it boots up normally after continuously turning off the PC via the PSU and powering up

Last edited:

Syndragy

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2014
In bios, under monitor, cpu fan/profile see what the max temp is set to. If it is set to 80 it may be turning itself off.
I checked around my bios and could not see anything regarding max temp, but I did notice my RAM was running at 2133mhz instead of 3600 (fixed), and also I have my afterburner max temp set to 87, if that helps.

So far I've been monitoring temps up to about 83; no issues. Maybe it's just a game issue, but to happen after 2-3 months of daily playing?

Last edited: