[SOLVED] Sudden performance drop on PC ?

Jan 12, 2021
Not sure what's going on exactly but recently my PC has slowed down tremendously for no reason that I can tell. I am used to being able to play pretty much any game on max with a smooth 60fps, but now no matter what the graphics settings are set to I hang around 25-30. I have tried reinstalling windows, updating my BIOS, and updating drivers but none have worked. I have noticed that my fans on my pc don't pick up speed like they used to when running games anymore, so that's probably something to do with it.

Here are my specs

Ryzen 5 2600x
Radeon 5700xt
16GB Ram 3000mhz
Samsung 970 Evo
ROG Strix B450-F

Solution
You might try set up MSI afterburner OSD to show CPU/GPU/Ram metrics while gaming. Look out for any 100% usage to determine if there's some kind of issue.

You can run HWMon/Info along side it, and again look out for anything that doesn't seem normal. YOu can post screen shots here, might help us to diagnose.
You might try set up MSI afterburner OSD to show CPU/GPU/Ram metrics while gaming. Look out for any 100% usage to determine if there's some kind of issue.

You can run HWMon/Info along side it, and again look out for anything that doesn't seem normal. YOu can post screen shots here, might help us to diagnose.

Solution