[SOLVED] Sudden problems with using two switches on network.

tomwhitchurch

Honorable
Apr 3, 2015
My current work network is using two switches to run things. A few pc's, the internet and our NAS are plugged into a gigabit switch and then that is connected to a 10gbe switch that connects a few pc's with 10gbe nics in. We use 10gbe to transfer files between the pcs on that switch and it has been working perfectly for the past couple weeks until today when one of the PC's that is connected to the 10gbe switch can no longer access the internet or our NAS, however it can still access the files on the pc's that are also connected to the 10gbe switch. Could this be a switch issue? I have tried plugging the ethernet back into the port on the mobo and the problems are the same so i think it isn't an issue with the NIC however all of the other pc's connected to the 10Gbe switch can still access the internet, nas and all of the items that are connected to the other switch. I have also tried using a different port on the switch but nothing seems to be working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kanewolf

Titan
It is unlikely to be a switch problem unless you have configured VLANs or other security options. Switches are pretty dumb devices. Are the 10GE and 1GE devices all in the same subnet? Do the 10GE devices ALSO have 1GE on the same network? What happens when you ping an "inaccessible" device from a 10GE device?