Question Sudden random FPS drops in all games on gaming laptop?!

Mar 20, 2020
Henlo. I got a problem. About two weeks ago I started getting random fps drops in all of my games. I would play a game and it would run normally up to 300 fps one day, but after I close it and play another day; upon opening the game again; fps would drop down to 15-30. It never dropped during gameplay tho. I would restart my pc and that would usually restore my fps. I play games like PUBG lite, COD warzone, CSGO, Ring of Elysium etc., and since all these games require different PC specs to run, the problem can't be in games themselves since it affects all of them. I tried turning off windows game modes and whatnot, and it helped at first, but now fps drops are back again. All my drivers are up to date and my CPU and GPU are never overheating while I play. I was thinking maybe its the dust that might had gotten stuck inside, since I have a gaming laptop and I haven't cleaned it since I bought it which would be around 6 months ago.

These are my pc specs:

CPU: Intel i7 9th gen 6 cores
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 16 gb
BIOS type: UEFI
Memory: HDD 1 TB + SSD 500 GB
Motherboard: Omen HP 17-cb0xxx

Thanks in advance to all good souls that are willing to help me and give me some advice! :D

Last edited: